Since 1986, visitors from around the world have become well acquainted with the Dollywood name and experience. However, the entertainment park actually traces its roots back to 1961 when Rebel Railroad first opened on the site that, over time, has expanded and grown into Dollywood.
Dollywood is one of the world’s best-known theme parks, from the roller coasters, rides, restaurants and shows to the museums and entertainment; you will need to plan to spend at least one full day here. The park is great for the whole family and just minutes away from Cabins In The Clouds‘ cabins.
How to make the most of dollywood
We want you to have the best experience when visiting Dollywood, so here are our best 5 tips to consider:
- Eat before you go – there is so much to do in the park, so why waste time eating at a restaurant? The kids are going to want some junk food, but this does not take as much time as a full meal.
- Get a map of the park ahead of time and plan your day – this can save you time and money and will ensure you get everything in before you run out of time or energy.
- Watch for free water stations during the summer on hot days. Again, this can save you money and it will help keep you hydrated.
- Plan your rides wisely – if you are going to do rides that include water you may want to wait until the end of the day or you may have to walk around wet all day.
- Get up to date with COVID-19 regulations – during this day and age, it’s best to plan ahead and make sure you are up to date on the measures being taken to ensure the safety of your group. If possible, pick a weekday to go so the crowds are reduced and you can get more done.
our experience at dollywood
Dollywood is a great place to visit and has something for the entire family. I have always loved rides, so when we took our grandchildren, we went on almost all of them (or at least it felt like it…). It made me feel young again and I enjoyed some special moments with them – isn’t that what vacations are all about?
We also really enjoyed the “Birds of Prey” show. This is an opportunity to see the birds up close and learn a little about them. The really impressive thing was the eagle sanctuary and their relationship with American Eagle Foundation. Although these birds cannot be released in the wild together with Dollywood, they breed them and release hundreds of eagles into the wild, doing their part to increase the numbers of these awesome birds in the wild.
We hope you enjoy an awesome day at Dollywood!
Looking for accommodation in the area?