One of the best parts of a meal at Dolly Parton’s Stampede in Pigeon Forge is the delicious creamy vegetable soup. Making this recipe at home is quick and easy, plus the whole family will love it. As you devour this soup, you’ll be brought right back to your last trip to Pigeon Forge.
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup cooked vegetables, finely chopped: potatoes, corn, green beans, lima beans, onion, carrots
- 1-pint half-and-half cream
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- In a 3-quart saucepot, melt margarine. Add onion powder, garlic powder and corn syrup. Simmer 1 minute.
- Stir in flour. Add white pepper, salt, chicken broth, water, and vegetables. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Add half-and-half. Simmer until desired consistency, stirring constantly. Do not allow the soup to come to a boil.
- Garnish soup with chopped parsley and serve.
Shh, don’t tell Dolly!