Now that you have picked a date and a cabin for your vacation, the next step is preparing for your trip. What should we pack and what is supplied at the cabin?
At Cabins In The Clouds, we try to make this as easy as possible. We can’t control how many outfits and shoes your wife brings, but we do send out a “packing list” to help you prepare and not forget anything important.
All of our cabins have washers and dryers as well, so if your stay is for more then a few days you can wash anything you need to. If you are like my wife, she likes to wash all of our clothes the night before we leave so we don’t have to do it when we get home.
Here are a couple things that come to mind when traveling to the mountains:
- Make a list, this really does help
- Don’t forget electronic devices like games for the kids, phones, readers etc. Make sure you bring all chargers as well.
- Knowing what activities you are going to be doing will help you plan accordingly.
- If you are a big bicycle rider, plan ahead. In many areas, the roads are small and not suited for bikes, especially for kids.
- If you are traveling by car, pack snacks and drinks within easy reach. Bring pillows and blankets for the kids.
Here is the packing list we send our guests before their vacation at Cabins In The Clouds:
- Charcoal – If you plan on grilling.
- Toiletries – You should bring your own toiletries including soap and shampoo.
- Toilet Paper and paper towels – There will be a starter supply of toilet paper and paper towels provided for you in the cabin, it should last you a couple days.
- Food / Drinks etc
- Coffee / Filters – To give you energy for all the great hikes.
- Reading material – Books, magazines etc.
- Binoculars – Or even a telescope.
- Phone, computer, notebook etc. – Make sure you don’t forget the chargers.
- First aid kit – Hopefully not needed, but better safe than sorry.
- Aspirin and Antacids
- Lotions – Like suntan lotion, hand cream etc.
Have a great time!