I am in no way a critic but I will give you my opinion (and my wife’s) of some of the restaurants in the area. I also realized I seem to like the burger and beer joints….This restaurant list I am compiling will cause me to have to do some “market research” and try new places, this will make my wife very happy. If you find a nice place please share and maybe we will add it to the list. These are in no special order.
- JT Hannah’s – 3214 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863 – (865) 428-4200: Festive restaurant doling out American fare, including steaks, burgers & ribs, in a rustic setting. JT Hanna’s is a local restaurant with some history in the area. It has good prices and the food is good. The atmosphere is nice and I’m a sucker for local stories, although the history has to do with a local shipyard, I’m not sure where they would park the ships…..
- Old Mill – 164 Old Mill Ave, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863: 1830 gristmill anchors a complex with 2 country cooking eateries plus pottery, candy & toy shops. This mill still is in operation and grinds its one cornmeal and flour. If you are hungry this is the place for you. The food is served family style and they serve plenty of it. Most meals were just under $20.00 and that included salad, soup, corn fritters, your main course and desert. You will have to take some home for lunch the next day…. Our waiter said everything is good but he liked anything off the grill so I ordered Pork chops, my wife ordered Turkey and stuffing. We will have a nice lunch tomorrow afternoon. Oh don’t forget the moonshine tasting next door we sampled for our appetizer.
- Bluff’s – 1548 Parkway, Sevierville, TN 37862 – (865) 908-1333: Neighborhood watering hole with billiards, weekend events & a pub grub menu with specialty burgers. Bluffs claim to fame are their burgers and wings, both are very good. This is a place that attracts locals and vacationers alike. I heard they have good fajitas’ too but I haven’t tried them yet….
- The Fox and Parrot Tavern – 1065 Glades Road Gatlinburg Tennessee, 37738: A Non-Smoking, Family Oriented, British-Themed Tavern The Fox and Parrot was a new find by my wife and I and we had a blast there. It is located off of Glades Road, a shortcut we use getting into Gatlinburg from Upper Middle Creek Road. Brian, the owner was a nice guy with a very unique selection of beer and the menu is all British food. Everything we had was very good and we will be back. Caution – It is on the second floor and it has two large flights of steps getting there. Well worth it!
- Mel’s Diner – 119 Wears Valley Rd, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863 – (865) 429-2184: Ample portions of diner cuisine for breakfast, lunch & dinner in a retro, chrome setting. If you are looking for a Diner this isn’t a bad place. Nothing fancy but the staff was friendly and the food was good.
- Pigeon Forge Deli – 159 E Wears Valley Rd Suite 13 Pigeon Forge, TN 37863: Tucked in the corner at the shops of Pigeon Forge. Pigeon Forge Deli is a Neighborhood deli featuring homemade breads, pretzels & gluten-free items in a comfy space. My wife likes the Chicken Salad and I like the “Chub”. It is a nice place to stop for a quick sandwich as you are touring Pigeon Forge.
So, what do you think? If you’ve been, let us know what you think! If you went somewhere else, we want to hear about that, too!